[Owfs-developers] Build failure on fedora rawhide (21)

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Sat Mar 15 14:49:04 UTC 2014

  Hi,

  My package failed to build on rawhide.  Upstream comments point
to Swig as guilty party.  Was there any un-announced Swig change?

----- Forwarded message from Tomasz Torcz <tomek at pipebreaker.pl> -----

Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 14:32:31 +0100
From: Tomasz Torcz <tomek at pipebreaker.pl>
To: owfs-developers at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Owfs-developers] Build failure on fedora rawhide (21)

Hi,

  While building latest version for fedora rawhide, I've encountered a build failure.
I do not see anything obvious in the code, so I was unable to fix it by
myself. Fedora tend to ship quite new build chain, so it is entirely
possible that new GCC started to throw error where older GCC accepted code.
The GCC in question is gcc-4.8.2-14.fc21.x86_64

  The first error:

In file included from ../../owlib/src/include/ow.h:220:0,
                 from ow_wrap.c:2949:
../../owlib/src/include/ow_debug.h:41:35: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
 static inline int return_ok(void) { return 0; }

  Full buildlog:
http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/2255/6562255/build.log

  Build.log contains gcc invocations, of course.  Which may be a source
of problem, too.  Fedora rawhide started recently to add "Werror=format-security"
and similar hardening options to CFLAGS.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Tomasz Torcz               RIP is irrevelant. Spoofing is futile.
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl     Your routes will be aggreggated. -- Alex Yuriev