Help understanding Anaconda source - walk through needed.

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Mon Mar 17 13:39:06 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-03-12 at 20:07 +0000, Aaron Gray wrote:

> I am looking for someone to walk me through the Anaconda source as I
> need to understand it and cannot find where its 'main' is and how it
> launches X Windows as I need to work out why the main installer is not
> working on my HP D140 G3's with MCA video controllers.

Anaconda doesn't really "configure" X before running it, it just relies
on X's autoconfiguration logic to Do The Right Thing.  I'm hoping you
don't really mean MCA to mean Micro Channel Architecture there, one I
didn't think anybody besides IBM was foolish enough to use that and two
Fedora's X hasn't supported buses older than PCI for a couple of
releases now.

Whatever problem you're having with graphics at install time, you will
almost certainly also have after installed; it's usually easier to debug
by going ahead and installing in text mode and then debugging graphics
once installed.

- ajax