F20: what connects the lid switch to triggering suspend?

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Tue Mar 18 01:21:21 UTC 2014

On Mon, 17.03.14 17:18, Dan Williams (dcbw at redhat.com) wrote:

> >   systemd-inhibit --list
>
> Thanks...
>
> *drum roll*
>
> The offending package was telepathy-mission-control.  Not really sure
> why it cared about suspend/resume, since I didn't have any telepathy
> services configured, and wasn't using it (or empathy or
> gnome-accounts-service) for any online accounts.

They want to set the IM accounts to "offline" when the machine goes
down.

BTW, logind versions from Rawhide will actually log the identity of all
processes that take "delay" suspend locks and which don't release them
by the time the timeout we put on that elapses. Or with other words, if
something like Telepathy delays your suspend you should see logind
mentioned that it is responsible for that in the logs. This hopefully
puts enough shame on people to not delay suspend unnecessarily... ;-)

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Red Hat