rfc: EFI System partition, FAT32, repair and non-persistent mount

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Wed Mar 19 13:00:46 UTC 2014

On Tue, 18.03.14 21:39, Chris Murphy (lists at colorremedies.com) wrote:

> > Combining x-systemd.automount + noauto however is a way to establish a
> > mount point and only lazily triggering it on access. And that's what you
> > want to use here.
>
> That does work. It's automounted on any command I threw at it,
> including kernel install, update, or remove. It's a bit half-hearted
> of a solution for the problem, since it doesn't umount the volume.

It has been on our TODO list for a while to implement expiration
for .automount units. It's kinda messy however, since the protocol for
that involves blocking ioctls and thus would require us to do threads
for this from PID1. It's a really messy kernel API.

But anyway, this is certainly on our TODO list. In fact, this is really
something we want to have in place for removable media too, one day, so
that the file systems are quickly unmounted after use and hence highly
likely to be in a clean state when removed without manual umounting.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Red Hat