Fedora Present and Future: a Fedora.next 2014 Update (Part I, “Why?”)

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 19 15:52:55 UTC 2014

I promised a while ago that I would provide a text version of my talk at
DevConf, for people who couldn't make it and because sitting through a video
of me standing up there going on and on doesn't really make for good
followup discussion.

Because it grew rather long, I think it works best as a web article, which
you can find on Fedora Magazine at <http://fedoramagazine.org/?p=1236>.

Also because of the length, I'm posting it installments. This part is the
background, next part is some of the things we are doing, followed by the
panel discussion, followed by Q&A. Whew; that's a lot.

I can post the text here if people think it'd be really helpful to do so,
(although I'm inclined to think that would be unwieldy), and in any case I
will take questions, comments, complaints, in any media including replies
here, on the article, on the social media, or at any bar or coffee shop
within walking distance of Boston's MBTA.