Maybe it's time to get rid of tcpwrappers/tcpd?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Mar 21 22:38:12 UTC 2014

Am 21.03.2014 23:31, schrieb Jóhann B. Guðmundsson:

> On 03/21/2014 10:30 PM, Martin Langhoff wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 6:16 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com <mailto:johannbg at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     In other words you are telling us that now to get something implemented or removed in Fedora we have to not
>>     only deal with our usual politics and bureaucracy but also all the downstream distribution to us as well...
>>

>> One way to avoid those pesky details is to not have users... :-)
>
> One way to prevent advancement and innovation within Fedora is precisely what's taking place here.
>
> Three layers to get things done...

you call it "innovation"

others call it bad names to break every day compatibility and force
anybody to follow changes nobobody asked for because only if changes
have a great impact to anybody they are recognized

the whole environment moves in circles with less to zero gain
the last past years but hey you are cool if you change things