Maybe it's time to get rid of tcpwrappers/tcpd?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Mar 21 22:46:14 UTC 2014

Am 21.03.2014 23:37, schrieb Jóhann B. Guðmundsson:

> On 03/21/2014 10:35 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> the author of tcpwrapper is Wietse Venema,
>
> You do realize when he wrote this and what he was trying to overcome at that time so I have to ask have you spoken
> to him about how useful he thinks his creation is today and why he stopped maintaining it?
>
> If not I suggest you do and hear what he thinks and says about it...

let hear

most things deprecated the past years are deprecated because they don't
receive a upstrea update every weak and people depcrate them doing
so because they can't imagine that things just work

if you believe it or not: there exists code which don't neeed
updates and reweites all te time because it just works and given
the amount of bugs in systemd Fedora 20/Rawhide, well, better
there would have been no improvement after Fedora 19

does this care upstream: no it does not

but hey, propose other peoples code to be deprecatd is so much easier