qmake-qt4 DEFINES issue

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Mar 23 02:17:34 UTC 2014

Antonio Trande wrote:
> I need your help with F1LT application[1]. Its latest release (3.0.0)
> seems not work even if little things are changed in SPEC file.

I see you already resolved your problem with upstream's help:
https://bitbucket.org/pieczar/f1lt/issue/3/f1lt-commit-7440f9a-does-not-run

However, there are several issues in your spec file (not related to this
particular issue, but they should be fixed):

| Requires(post): gtk2
| Requires(postun): gtk2

should NOT be used. gtk-update-icon-cache is only necessary if GTK+ is
actually installed. See:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets#Icon_Cache
"Note that no dependencies should be added for this."

| BuildRequires: qt-devel >= 4.7, desktop-file-utils, dos2unix

"qt-devel >= 4.7" will NOT work as expected, qt-devel has Epoch 1 and so ALL
versions of qt-devel are >= 4.7. You need either "qt-devel >= 1:4.7", or,
better, "qt4-devel >= 4.7". (qt4-devel is a Provides in qt-devel.) Using
qt4-devel will also work when Qt 5 will become the default (and also on old
Fedora/RHEL versions where Qt 3 was the default, but you probably won't find
4.7 available on those).

Basically, NEVER BuildRequire qt-devel, ALWAYS use qt4-devel instead.

        Kevin Kofler