Wishing to get involved in kernel devel

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 14:55:02 UTC 2014

Hi

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 8:58 AM, Corey Sheldon  wrote:

> Hello Team,
>
> I am a Auto detailer by day and new-ish linux developer coming from a
> background of moderating android modding forums and minor kernel tool tweak
> groups and the like, I have grown rather fond of fedora (currently runnning
> Heisenberg on a dell d620 with very few issues ---mostly with the vanilla
> kernels not able to build some kmods but nothing major).
>
> I am more than willing to spare some time and energy on the projects'
> behalf to help both the community and further my learning..

Welcome to Fedora.  If you really want to get involved in kernel
development, I would suggest looking at
http://kernelnewbies.org/KernelHacking.   Fedora doesn't really do kernel
development that is separate from upstream and tries to stay as close to
upstream as reasonably possible.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Staying_close_to_upstream_projects

You could however get involved in triaging bugs in the Fedora kernel bug
list.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KernelBugTriage

All the best!

Rahul