Yet another bug caused by SELinux

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Sun Mar 23 17:15:22 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-03-23 at 02:33 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Adam Williamson wrote:
> > just to note the facts: this issue could have been resolved much faster,
> > and SELinux is not the reason why it wasn't.
>
> But SELinux is the reason the bug was there in the first place. Without
> SELinux, we wouldn't have had this bug! (Systems without SELinux were not
> affected, because the broken workaround was only used on systems where
> allocating the JIT memory normally doesn't work.) Nor the two (separate)
> critical regressions that plagued F20 and Rawhide recently.
>
>         Kevin Kofler
>
> PS: Et ceterum censeo SELinux esse delendum.

There are thousands of KDE bugs I do not experience because I do not
have KDE installed, according to your logic then we should eliminate KDE
so those bugs will not bother anyone else either.

Please stop the childish molestation of this list, you know it's
useless, SELinux is not going to be removed or disabled by default.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York