Maybe it's time to get rid of tcpwrappers/tcpd?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Mar 24 12:37:31 UTC 2014

Am 24.03.2014 13:26, schrieb Florian Weimer:
> On 03/24/2014 01:23 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>
>>> It's still very difficult to securely process uploaded files under a different user account.  Some SFTP clients set
>>> restrictive permissions on upload, and the OpenSSH implementation does not allow to bypass that.
>>
>> man umask
>>
>> [root at rh:/downloads]$ cat /etc/ssh/sshd_config  | grep internal-sftp
>> Subsystem sftp internal-sftp -u 006
>
> umask doesn't apply to explicit chmod

besides that we get way too off-topic and my first reply was in context
of "because ssh is giving too much access" which is a wrong anecdote:

fine, the same applies for samba, ftp and any other file transfer protocol
if you want 100% defined permissions you need to use inotify and handmade
daemons in any case because the client can fire always a chmod of files
he own