AppStream Logs and False Positives

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 17:54:25 UTC 2014

On 24 March 2014 17:15, Jerry James <loganjerry at gmail.com> wrote:
> Am I taking a fundamentally wrong approach, or does something in the appdata
> stack need to be taught about file:// URLs?

Are you installing them with the package? I guess file:// could make
sense, so if that's what you're doing can you file a bug in
https://github.com/hughsie/appstream-glib/tree/master/libappstream-glib
please and we'll discuss there. Generally I think screenshots should
be available on some remote server (which is only accessed when
building metadata, not by all clients) as they tend to be sizeable and
not particularly useful if you've got an app already installed.

Richard.