What will happen to XFCE, LXDE, Mate, Cinnemon in Fedora.Next

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Mar 25 20:41:19 UTC 2014

Adam Williamson wrote:
> *My* point is that you should make your rhetoric match your point. Two
> or three of those quotations were direct rips from your previous emails
> on the topic. If you don't actually mean those things, then I suggest
> not writing them.

I said it's "madness" and "totally wacky" to NOT HAVE THE OPTION of
installing your desktop directly, before first installing GNOME. That is
also what I said "almost all users are NOT going to put up with".

If you took this to mean that nobody would ever want to install some other
desktop in addition to GNOME on a GNOME install, you clearly misunderstood
me. I am sorry for that.

My point is that most users WILL have a preferred desktop and will want that
desktop to be the one their distribution gets installed with. They may or
may not want to try out other desktop environments at a later point. (To be
honest, I think most people won't, but for those who will, OF COURSE it
should be possible!)

        Kevin Kofler