What will happen to XFCE, LXDE, Mate, Cinnemon in Fedora.Next

Robert Mayr robyduck at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 26 07:27:14 UTC 2014

Il 21/mar/2014 12:59 "Matthew Miller" <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> ha scritto:

> On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 10:28:26AM +0100, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
> > I agree with Jaroslav. I was looking forward to have a fourth
> > product to those three. KDE can help define what is needed for new
> > product, what must be done by all teams, how much work it will be
> > ... I guess we should speak more about addition of new product and
> > don't kill the idea at the start.
>
> Like I said, I'm skeptical, but listening. :)
>
> --
> Matthew Miller    --   Fedora Project    --    <mattdm at fedoraproject.org>

I think the same, if all spins become products we can also keep the actual
way. Fedora.next is a very good idea and I'm sure it will have success, but
it needs to follow his strategy with three different products, not having 2
different ones and *n* workstation-similar-products, IMHO.

I don't think spins are not useful, but they could be under the wing of
Workstation as a sub-product perhaps.

This is how I understand and think about fedora.next, so proliferation of
products is not really what it should be in my eyes.

Greetings
Robert Mayr
(robyduck)