What will happen to XFCE, LXDE, Mate, Cinnemon in Fedora.Next

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 26 12:29:13 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 07:27:19PM -0700, Dan Mashal wrote:
> If we can keep the netinstall, which allows people to do exactly this,
> then I really could careless what happens with workstation (and I'm
> also a happy camper, as I imagine you and many others would be too).

I think "generic, flexible netinstall not tied to a particular Product" has
a lot of value and I also would like to see us keep it. I'm not sure exactly
where the best place to organize effort around that would be; I know Base
Design had talked about whether anaconda should or shouldn't be included,
and I guess this tends towards "should", at least at some level.