F21 System Wide Change: PrivateDevices=yes and PrivateNetwork=yes For Long-Running Services

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Thu Mar 27 17:45:45 UTC 2014

> == Detailed Description ==
> When PrivateDevices=yes is set in the [Service] section of a systemd service
> unit file, the processes run for the service will run in a private file system
> namespace

IIRC the kernel has had some issues with scaling to dozens or hundreds
of namespaces (which was noticeable with Docker).  Can I assume these
are either fixed or not applicable to this usage?

> == Scope ==
> * Policies and guidelines:
> It might be nice to update the packaging policies to also recommend making use
> of these settings.

Yes, "it might be".  Do you plan to propose such a guideline update to
FPC, or is this an "if somebody else cares" item?
    Mirek