Firefox Gtk3 test package

Kẏra kxra at riseup.net
Fri Mar 28 11:41:21 UTC 2014

Martin Stransky <stransky <at> redhat.com> writes:

> On 03/28/2014 11:44 AM, Kẏra wrote:
> > First off, thank you so much for this! I have been using it and it is
> > stunning. The difference is huge.
>
> Thanks!
>
> > It also seems to be the only browser that has supported my HiDPI display
> > (perhaps that's thanks to gtk3?).
>
> That's a great news, I was not aware of it.
>
> > One thing that I have been waiting for is separate processes for each tab to
> > start working. Right now, when I enable it, it causes the entire window to
> > turn grey.
>
> How do you enable it? Can you file a BZ# for that at bugzilla.redhat.com?

In about:config, set the browser.tabs.remote preference to 'true'

More info here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis

did you mean the mozilla bug tracker? what product would i file it under at
redhat's?

> > On that note, I haven't seen a new build in a while! When can we hope for an
> > update?
>
> There are some patches waiting upstream for review so when those are
> done. I'd like also update the firefox-gtk3 build to Firefox 31.

cool! can you link to bugs / review pages for those patches so that we can
track their progress? updating the build to FF31 also sounds great [=