Heads up: Mesa/LLVM rebase and OpenGTL retirement in F20

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Fri Mar 28 15:37:24 UTC 2014

> Fedora *is* a platform, not just a set of packages, however half-assedly
> we conform to that vision, so I guess I just feel a bit uncomfortable
> not at least putting up a few hoops for this to jump through. :)

OpenGTL here is something of an implementation detail.  RHEL's Mesa at
this point links against a private build of llvm that is explicitly
_not_ part of The Platform, for exactly this reason: it's not something
we can commit to supporting for any use beyond Mesa itself, even in the
extreme short term.

It might be nice if Fedora adopted the common practice (among other OSes
with interface assurances) of at least attempting to define stability
levels.  Whose action item would that be?

- ajax