ruby 2.0 (was: Re: rawhide report: 20140501 changes)

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Thu May 1 13:03:26 UTC 2014

> Lots and lots of ruby broken deps this morning, eg:
>
>> [deltacloud-core]
>> 	deltacloud-core-rackspace-1.1.3-1.fc20.noarch requires rubygem(cloudfiles)
>> [gofer]
>> 	ruby-gofer-0.77-1.fc21.noarch requires rubygem(qpid) >= 0:0.16.0
>> [hivex]
>> 	ruby-hivex-1.3.10-2.fc21.i686 requires ruby(release) = 0:2.0.0
> I'm unclear what we need to do about them.  I noticed some rebuilds
> against ruby 2.0 flying past over the last few days.  Does this mean
> there are rebuilds which are just waiting to be tagged into koji?
>
> Rich.

Original thread:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ruby-sig/2014-April/001537.html

Status update:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ruby-sig/2014-April/001565.html

See replies to threads on ruby-sig mailing list for complete details.

Possibly the broken / missing packages are in those remaining tbd
(likely if they include C extensions and use minitest). Obviously if
your packages depend on any broken ones, you'll get the corresponding
errors.

As far as the update, at a minimum you should be able to get away with
adding the following to any command launching a ruby test suite in your
spec:

-I$(dirs +1)%{gem_extdir_mri}

I believe this is all that is needed to fix the broken packages (though
other guidelines changes such as the auto-detection of gem dependencies
could/should be applied).

  -Mo