F21 Self Contained Change: Remote Journal Logging

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Fri May 2 15:40:13 UTC 2014

On Fri, 02.05.14 10:53, Stephen Gallagher (sgallagh at redhat.com) wrote:

> > He also writes "particularly since it appears to have been
> > developed without the input of the journald creators". The code in
> > question has been reviewed on the systemd mailing list, and
> > discussed internally. Also, although I didn't have anything to do
> > with initial journald creation, I have been one the people handling
> > bugs and adding features to it over the last two years.
>
> This was an impression I got from the discussion thread up to that
> point. I didn't get a sense that the core journald developers were in
> agreement with this as the approach (and as noted above, it appeared
> that this was being pushed as the One True Way to do this).

Wut?

I think Zibigniew and I are actually very much on the same
page. Zbigniew is a systemd commiter, I trust him, and I think it's good
stuff he is doing. We have discussed the protocol choices many times
within the systemd community and we are all behind this approach.

I am pretty sure HTTP(s) is the right choice, and that we cover both push
and pull models, and Zbigniew's brings us a good step closer to that
goal, even if it might not bring us all the way there yet.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Red Hat