making Ctrl-Alt-Bksp work

Fidel Leon fidelleon at mykolab.com
Wed May 7 18:49:33 UTC 2014

Just adding my two cents as I don't use the us locale.

On Wednesday 07 May 2014 14:38:59 Felix Miata wrote:
> On 2014-05-07 19:03 (GMT+0100) Sérgio Basto composed:
> > yes Ctrl-Alt-Bksp works and restart X , as Reindl Harald notice, I also
> > have
> >
> 1-why do 00-keyboard.conf for pt and de contain terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp, but
> for locale us it is absent?

The es locale doesn't have a terminate subsection...:

# Read and parsed by systemd-localed. It's probably wise not to edit this file
# manually too freely.
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "system-keyboard"
        MatchIsKeyboard "on"
        Option "XkbLayout" "es,si,rs"
        Option "XkbVariant" ",,"
        Option "XkbOptions" "grp:lalt_lshift_toggle"
EndSection

> 2-what creates 00-keyboard.conf in the first place, since it doesn't get
> automatically recreated even by rebooting if deleted?

I installed my Fedora from a network install image, and the three locales I
have were the languages I itold anaconda I wanted support for. Hence, at least
for me, it was the system installation which created it.

> re 2: Maybe your two installations have 00-keyboard.conf carried over from
> before xorg-x11-drv-keyboard was superceded by xorg-x11-drv-evdev, which on
> (re)installation does not create it if it does not exist?

My case was a clean install.

--
Fidel Leon
fidelleon at mykolab.com
GSM: +34 639 000 390
GPG: AD74FB97
"Developers have the attention spans of slightly moronic woodland creatures."