making Ctrl-Alt-Bksp work

Fidel Leon fidelleon at mykolab.com
Wed May 7 20:33:24 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 07 May 2014 16:01:53 Felix Miata wrote:
> On 2014-05-07 20:49 (GMT+0200) Fidel Leon composed:
> >> re 2: Maybe your two installations have 00-keyboard.conf carried over
> >> from
> >> before xorg-x11-drv-keyboard was superceded by xorg-x11-drv-evdev, which
> >> on
> >> (re)installation does not create it if it does not exist?
> >
> > My case was a clean install.
>
> Every install had to be a clean install by going far enough back in time.

Yes, of course, my point was saying "I haven't upgraded from past releases", no old files which could carry such setup.

Anyway:

# ll -dt /boot/grub2/grub.cfg /boot/lost+found/ /boot/initramfs-3.14.2-200.fc20.i686+PAE.img /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/00-keyboard.conf
-rw-------. 1 root root     4799 May  4 00:05 /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
-rw-------. 1 root root 19034041 May  4 00:04 /boot/initramfs-3.14.2-200.fc20.i686+PAE.img
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root      324 May  4 00:02 /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/00-keyboard.conf
drwx------. 2 root root    12288 May  3 20:38 /boot/lost+found/

That was four days ago - exactly when I (re)installed F20. I did a network installation, so most installed packages were already in the most current versions. Hence, in some moment after package installation but before the dracut and grub installation steps, was my keyboard file created (.conf file which follows what anaconda wrote in the kickstart files).

That's consistent with what I see on another system I manage, which used a Xfce live CD to be installed.
--
Fidel Leon
fidelleon at mykolab.com
GSM: +34 639 000 390
GPG: AD74FB97
"Developers have the attention spans of slightly moronic woodland creatures."