Attempting to contact three unresponsive maintainers

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu May 15 15:14:59 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 03:57:24PM +0530, Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 10:11:47AM -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> > Greetings, we've been told that the email addresses for three package
> > maintainers are no longer valid.  I'm starting the unresponsive maintainer
> > policy to find out if they are still interested in maintaining their
> > packages (and if so, have them update their email addresses in FAS).  If
> > they're not interested in maintaining or we can't locate them I'll have
> > FESCo orphan the packages so that others can take them over.
> >
> > If you have a way to contact any of these maintainers, please let them know
> > that we'd appreciate knowing what to do with their packages.  Thanks!
> >
> > Maintainers:
> > * awnuk -- former email address awnuk at redhat.com
>
> He doesn't work for Red Hat anymore. I CC'ed Ade Lee who leads upstream
> Dogtag work, he might suggest someone who is willing to take up the
> maintenance.

Thanks.  do note that the dogtag stuff has a maintainer.  awnuk was just
a comaintainer.

Sometimes when people leave red hat they still want to maintain their Fedora
packages (or a subset thereof).  Other times they want to give them up
because they only maintained them as part of their job.  If we definitely
know that one of these cases apply we can do something appropriate with
package ownership and account info (in the former case, the person needs to
update their email address in the Fedora Account System.  In the latter case
we can remove their acls in the Fedora PackageDB).  In many cases, like this
one, we just know that the packager has left red hat and don't know what
they wish to do.  That leaves us with packages where we suspect that the bug
reports, commit messages, etc are going to someone who isn't actually
working on the packages.  We'd like to know what's happening so that we can
update the acls to reflect who's actually actively working on the packages.

-Toshio