PkgDB2 is now in production

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Sat May 17 07:30:10 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-05-16 at 09:35 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > It seems it is not possible to request commit access in a single
> > branch?  It's all or nothing now?
>
> The UI is not very clear...
>
> Click on "Manage the committers" to request a single branch.
>
> I made the mistake of clicking "Request Commit Access" and this automatically
> triggers a request for all branches without warning. Now I'm having to send an
> apology e-mail to the package contacts.

There is a ticket opened for this [1] that I am thinking to fix by
adding a confirmation step on the "Request Commit Access" button asking
something like: "Are you sure you want to request commit access on all
branches? (if not use "Manage the committers")"

I'm also considering change "Manage the committers" into "Manage ACLs"
directly.

What do you think?

Pierre