Intent to retire: rubygem-virt-p2v

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Sat May 17 16:44:08 UTC 2014

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 09:39:23AM -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> On Sat, 17 May 2014 09:30:59 +0200
> Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2014-05-16 at 10:18 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > > Note that 'fedpkg retire' happens to be broken at the moment
> > > (bug 1098462) so I cannot retire this package at the moment.
> >
> > You can do it via the UI directly.
> >
> > Pierre
>
> It's a bad idea to do it via the web, as you wont be able to commit the
> clean up to git and possibly it won't get blocked in koji.  really we
> should take the retire option out of pkgdb's web interface and only
> allow it on the cli.

What pkgdb-cli retire does is nothing different than what the UI does. So if he
is stuck in the fedmsg retire process at the call to pkgdb-cli, this can be
circumvent by using the UI.

Btw, in pkgdb2, for Fedora branches, the user can only retire the master branch,
the other branch will remain orphaned until it is EOL'd. Only admins are able to
retire a package on a active Fedora release*.

Pierre

* I know the UI currently lists all branches, it's fixed in git