Self Introduction: Christopher Tubbs

Christopher ctubbsii at apache.org
Mon May 19 17:51:32 UTC 2014

Hi,

My name is Christopher Tubbs. I'm a long-time user of Fedora and
Linux, and a big fan of free (as in speech) software. I love bigdata
and scientific computing, and consider myself a seasoned Java
developer and Maven user.

I'm currently working on Apache Accumulo as my first package for
Fedora (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/ApacheAccumulo). I'm
also an upstream developer for Accumulo project, which helps, because
there's a lot of patches I need to make to get it to build with the
dependency versions available in Fedora.

I'm not yet in the package maintainers group, but my FAS account is
ctubbsii and I'm seeking a mentor (preferably one familiar with the
Hadoop ecosystem and Java packaging) to help me get all the kinks
worked out of my package. I'm still very new to the whole packaging
environment in Fedora, and trying to get a handle on understanding all
the infrastructure at Fedora needed to get things done. I definitely
need a mentor to help me understand the packaging process and tools in
the Fedora infrastructure (cgit, bugzilla, koji, etc.).

My draft packaging is not yet done, but in progress here:
https://github.com/ctubbsii/accumulo-fedora (temporary)

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii