F21 System Wide Change: BerkeleyDB 6

Florian Weimer fweimer at redhat.com
Tue May 27 08:34:25 UTC 2014

On 04/11/2014 01:18 PM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:

> The BerkeleyDB, used between others by rpm [1], changed license between
> versions 5.* and 6.* to AGPLv3+ from […]. As those two licenses are not
> compatible, packages using the BerkeleyDB either has to change its license to
> AGPLv3+ compatible, keep on using the older BerkeleyDB or use another DB
> entirely.

Debian's stance on this is here:

<https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=748192>

Considering that various parties (author, SFLC, FSF) thought that
libbitcoin needed a license exception
<https://wiki.unsystem.net/index.php/Libbitcoin/License>, I wonder if
that changes our stance on the impact libraries licensed under the AGPL.