Python 3.4 merged into Rawhide

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Tue May 27 14:14:21 UTC 2014

Hi all,
the f21-python side tag, containing Python 3.4, has been merged into Rawhide.
We managed to rebuild 216 packages out of 452 that BR: python3-devel and 7 that BR: python3 - these were the packages (or dependencies of packages) that failed to build in my local mockchain build for some reason (either problem in the upstream source code, problem in specfile or dependency cycle). There are still few packages that failed to rebuild and weren't fixed yet:
- dnf and hawkey (I was told by Ales that he'll handle this once Python 3.4 is merged to rawhide; we also had rhbz#1098109 blocking us, but that's been fixed today)
- iPython and few depending packages (this needed a rebase to work properly with Python 3.4 - the new version hit Rawhide just recently, a simple rebuild should do)
- python-django15
I'll keep working on these packages with their maintainers to get them building and working fine.
All the other packages built fine for me locally, so the mass rebuild should get the job done for these.

Big thanks to all who helped with the rebuild.

Regards,
Slavek