[ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring packages for Fedora 21

Troy Dawson tdawson at redhat.com
Thu May 29 14:30:18 UTC 2014

On 05/29/2014 08:43 AM, Till Maas wrote:
> Since the mass rebuild will start in a week (2014-06-06) it is a good
> time to start cleaning up Fedora. After the mass rebuild, packages that
> fail to build for two releases will be be added to this list. Since this
> is the first run after adapting the script to pkgdb2, there might be
> some errors here, please report them.
>
> The following packages are orphaned and will be retired when Fedora
> (F21) is branched, unless someone adopts them. If you know for sure that
> the package should be retired, please do so now with a proper reason:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_remove_a_package_at_end_of_life

> openshift-origin-cartridge-abstract   orphan,
>                                       maxamillion
> openshift-origin-cartridge-cron-1.4   orphan,
>                                       maxamillion, tdawson
> openshift-origin-cartridge-diy-0.1    orphan,
>                                       maxamillion, tdawson

These three packages need to go away, they have been replaced.  Please
retire them with a clear conscious.

openshift-origin-cartridge-cron-1.4 -> openshift-origin-cartridge-cron
openshift-origin-cartridge-diy-0.1 -> openshift-origin-cartridge-diy
openshift-origin-cartridge-abstract -> No longer needed.

I'd followed the procedure for Renaming/Replacing Existing Packages [1]
but I guess your script is just being extra cautious.

Troy Dawson