Packaging: bin subfolder

Paulo César Pereira de Andrade paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade at gmail.com
Thu May 29 21:42:15 UTC 2014

> Hi,

> I'm working on packaging Salome (The Open Source Integration Platform for
> Numerical Simulation) [1], and the cmake scripts there install tons of

  I packaged and maintained it packaged in Mandriva for a few years.
If I recall correctly, it is (kind of) salome "solution" to avoid name clashes.

> binaries and python scripts to the /usr/bin/salome folder. Is this
> acceptable?

  I believe a symbolic link should be acceptable. Actually creating a subdir
would probably have a lot of opposition, but it should be possible to
reconfigure salome to use %_libexecdir/salome or %_libdir/salome

> Thanks,
> Sandro
>

> [1] http://www.salome-platform.org/

Paulo