avr-libc inconsistent pin naming in iom128rfr2.h

Doug Szumski d.s.szumski at gmail.com
Sat May 31 19:49:33 UTC 2014

I'm using avr-libc 1.8.0 (release 7.fc20) and i've noticed that
iom128rfr2.h provides only one type of pin definition whilst
iom128rfa1.h and others use a dual definition of pins (P##, and PORT##).
It seems that this may have come from the Atmel patch:

distribute.atmel.no/tools/opensource/Atmel-AVR-Toolchain-3.4.2/avr/

avr-libc upstream provides iom128rfr2.h with both definitions:

http://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/trunk/avr-libc/include/avr/iom128rfr2.h?root=avr-libc&view=markup

I encountered this when building simavr:

https://github.com/buserror/simavr/

Is this intended or should I file it as a bug?