Suggested Freeze Policy change for Fedora 22+

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Nov 1 01:17:37 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 14:44:06 -0400,
  Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:

>Well, we learned during those questions that it's a matter of
>coordination with the mirrors. They expect to have our master trees
>prepared at certain times or they can't be mirrored out in time for the
>Tuesday launches. So really, we need to keep to the same schedule
>wherever possible.

I was really questioning that the policy didn't say how long the slip is,
rather than what the amount is. Though my opinion is that it is better
to always slip a week as the one or two day slips will just encourage
more of what you are trying to avoid.

I think there is real risk of burn out in the QA volunteers, with not only
the quick turn around commonly needed for testing right before release,
but also with the really long blocker meetings leading up to that.