LLVM 3.5 rebase

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Thu Nov 6 02:23:47 UTC 2014

> I don't think compat-llvm34 would save you.  ghc emits llvm ir directly,
> then invokes llc to compile it; /usr/bin/llc would only be provided by
> llvm, not by the compat package which would be just the old library.

I was assuming it would provide all of llvm34 (minus clang34). :)

I think the only way for ARM ghc is to do an llvm34 package.
(I don't know when ghc will support 3.5 - perhaps for 7.10 which
is now in development?)  ghc only needs llvm.armv7hl (and llvm-libs).

The alternative seems to be to revert llvm to 3.4 but I assume that
would not be such a popular choice either. :)

Jens