GCC issue?

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Thu Nov 6 15:19:35 UTC 2014

On Thu, Nov 06, 2014 at 07:58:01AM -0700, Dave Johansen wrote:
> I just submitted a re-build of ODB for GCC 4.9.2 in rawhide (
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=8051892 ) and it ran
> into an issue ( http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=8051895
> ).
>
> I don't have access to a machine with rawhide to do any more debugging, but
> I've included the pertinent output below and what's the recommend path for
> working on getting this resolved?

Perhaps http://gcc.gnu.org/PR60871 , but without a preprocessed testcase it
is hard to tell.
You could either try local mock, or you could hack for a temporary build
small *.spec file change that would BuildRequire: sharutils
and run:
make ... || tar cjf - /tmp/cc*.out | uuencode cc.tar.bz2
(that way you could download build.log and uudecode the tarball with the
preprocessed source from it).

As a workaround, supposedly -fno-devirtualize or
-fno-devirtualize-speculatively options could help.

	Jakub