GCC issue?

Dave Johansen davejohansen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 15:24:17 UTC 2014

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 8:19 AM, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 06, 2014 at 07:58:01AM -0700, Dave Johansen wrote:
> > I just submitted a re-build of ODB for GCC 4.9.2 in rawhide (
> > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=8051892 ) and it ran
> > into an issue (
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=8051895
> > ).
> >
> > I don't have access to a machine with rawhide to do any more debugging,
> but
> > I've included the pertinent output below and what's the recommend path
> for
> > working on getting this resolved?
>
> Perhaps http://gcc.gnu.org/PR60871 , but without a preprocessed testcase
> it
> is hard to tell.
> You could either try local mock, or you could hack for a temporary build
> small *.spec file change that would BuildRequire: sharutils
> and run:
> make ... || tar cjf - /tmp/cc*.out | uuencode cc.tar.bz2
> (that way you could download build.log and uudecode the tarball with the
> preprocessed source from it).
>
> As a workaround, supposedly -fno-devirtualize or
> -fno-devirtualize-speculatively options could help.

I had actually turned off the use of devirtualization with GCC 4.9.0, but I
guess that that is has cropped back up or wasn't fully resolved.
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/odb.git/commit/?id=b9ca412b135ea0ef16d3b5428feec1bc42100b76

For ODB, I can continue turning of devirtualization, but I just wanted to
make sure that the right thing was done from the GCC end of things and make
sure that an issue is left around.