PROPOSAL: Make AppData files mandatory for applications shown in the software center

Alexander Ploumistos alex.ploumistos at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 11:04:07 UTC 2014

> I've attached a list of all the applications that would be affected by
> this change. It's a long list, but a *lot* of the applications are
> kinda dubious (lshw-gui anyone?).

I read your blog posts on AppStream/AppData and I found some
Workstation/AppDataImprovement pages on the wiki, but I could not find the
list you provided in your original message. I want to take on some of the
scientific packages, but I don't know if someone has already filed requests
with upstream or if they are working on any of them. Is there such a page
somewhere?

Please go easy on me, new guy learning the ropes here.