Mass orphan: iarnell

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Sat Nov 8 09:13:57 UTC 2014

On Sat, Nov 08, 2014 at 08:41:11AM +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 11/07/2014 05:18 PM, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >Following ticket: https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1360 I have just
> >orphaned all the packages from iarnell on all branches.
>
> Would it be possible to somehow accumulate/bundle related PkgDB-change mails
> and not to send individual mails for each DB-transaction?

The original idea which is still planned is to disable email for pkgdb and rely
on FMN to do the notifications, but as we haven't got in place the mechanisms to
add FMN rules to new packagers and check that all current packagers have FMN
rules.

It will reduce the amount of notification as you can ask FMN to wait for X
minutes after seeing the first messages before sending the notification and it
will allow people to tweak their filter and ask for irc notifications or no
notifications in some cases.

> I guess, you are aware, you had triggered sending 4000-5000 PkgDB-change
> mails, this time - You can imagine what I did with them ;)

I got them on irc, I have a pretty good idea of what you did with them ;-)

Pierre