Metacity and GNOME Flashback

Michael DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 12:45:51 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone,

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 4:02 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10 November 2014 05:22, Michael DePaulo <mikedep333 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I would like to package all of GNOME Flashback and I was wondering if
>> you had any intention of doing so. if not, I'm curious if there is a
>> use case for Metacity outside of a GNOME Flashback session and if you
>> (or anyone else) have any advice.
>
> Not really; mclazy auto-built metacity as part of the GNOME moduleset
> for a few releases. I can remove metacity from the modules.xml file if
> you want to deal with this as part of the flashback thing.
>
> Richard.

Understood.

Once I make more progress with packaging, I'll probably ask you to do that.

>> The GNOME Flashback components:
>> gnome-applets (dead package in fedora)
>> gnome-flashback (not in fedora)
>> gnome-panel (dead package in fedora)
>> metacity
>> notification-daemon (still in fedora, but last updated 2012-09-04)

Are there any instructions for (newbie) packagers on reviving dead packages?

I found instructions for orphaned packages, but not dead packages:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Orphaned_package_that_need_new_maintainers

-Mike