PROPOSAL: Make AppData files mandatory for applications shown in the software center

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Nov 15 13:44:42 UTC 2014

Richard Hughes wrote:
> Actually, I was going to propose doing "gsettings set
> org.gnome.software require-appdata true"

That's at least the right place to enforce that policy.

> I guess you'll have to apologise for that tirade, right?

So yes, sorry for assuming otherwise.

That still doesn't mean that I think it's a good policy. :-) But in the end,
I don't really care what kind of censorship you apply in the GNOME Software
Center, GNOME is an unusable desktop environment to begin with anyway. ;-)

        Kevin Kofler