Mozilla enabled ads in Firefox and they're active in Fedora

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Sat Nov 15 15:10:25 UTC 2014

Lars Seipel <lars.seipel at gmail.com> wrote:
> What does the community think of it? Is it okay for our flagship
> applications to carry ads and report tracking data?

I definitely don't want the software I use to phone home and report on
what I'm doing, not any more than what is strictly necessary for
technical reasons.

> > Mozilla can track impressions, clicks, and the
> > number of ads a user hides or pins.

I'm wondering how that works. If I disable the ads by setting the new
tab page to about:blank, will that also disable the tracking?

Björn Persson