Suspend/resume broken on Lenovo laptops (Fedora 21 beta)

valent.turkovic at gmail.com valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 00:11:15 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 1:04 AM, Andrew Lutomirski <luto at mit.edu> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 4:01 PM, valent.turkovic at gmail.com
> <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just a quick update - i got suspend/resume to once randomly work in
>> LXDE environment, but after that again everytime it failed.
>>
>> Then I tried using "debugging" kernel on GRUB menu, and now each time
>> I tried suspend/resume in all environments (GNOME 3, LXDE, Cinnamon,
>> XFCE) it worked every time as expected.
>
> This smells like a no_console_suspend and/or whatever the new drm or
> i915 fast suspend/resume thing is.  Are there interesting boot
> parameters that differ between working and non-working configurations?
>
> --Andy

I'll check boot parameters and reply a bit later, but I noticed that
now that suspend/resume works it is a bit slower to suspend. On
"normal" kernel suspend is instant, when I enter "pm-suspend" or press
suspend via GUI screen just goes black right away.

With "debugging" kernel when I issue suspend command first I see lock
screen, then screen goes black, then it blinks once more with lock
screen and then it goes off.