Mozilla enabled ads in Firefox and they're active in Fedora

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Nov 17 01:15:18 UTC 2014

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Well, how to put it ... Mozilla.com's role in fedora has many times been
> subject to controvercies, but doubts have always been ruled ;)

They always get special exceptions for any and all Fedora policies that
upstream does not want to comply with, with the excuse that otherwise we
might lose the right to use the "Firefox" name (as if that were a
catastrophe – Debian has been doing fine with "Iceweasel"). I'm totally fed
up of that kind of unfair privileged treatment that NO other package in
Fedora is getting.

        Kevin Kofler