Mozilla enabled ads in Firefox and they're active in Fedora

Florian Weimer fweimer at redhat.com
Mon Nov 17 08:35:02 UTC 2014

On 11/16/2014 06:31 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 11/15/2014 11:41 PM, Johannes Lips wrote:
>
>> I don't really understand the issue at all.

> We have a "no-phone-home" and "no-spy" policy in Fedora.

I don't think we do.

Anaconda, for example, phones home even before you select the
installation media.

Perhaps more significantly, at least in my tests, the Firefox URL
classifier reports some kind of data about matches (which reflect user
browsing behavior) to Google, along with long-term Google tracking
cookies.  This is not readily apparent from the browser source code, and
the data exchanged with Google has been obfuscated to make independent
review difficult.