Enable tapping by default

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Mon Nov 17 14:50:44 UTC 2014

drago01 <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Things are not black and white there is a "disable touchpad while typing"
> option which would solve your problem while not making the impression that
> something is broken like it is now.

Possibly, but there is also the risk of accidentally tapping when you
only want to move the pointer but your finger happens to tremble a
little. (That's not about Parkinson's disease. Even to perfectly healthy
people it's difficult to hold absolutely still.)

Does anyone care to present some evidence showing that this works well
for people in general? Note that I'm not against changing this default.
I'm against changing it based on nothing but a baseless belief that it
won't bother people.

Björn Persson