Enable tapping by default

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 17 18:59:26 UTC 2014

drago01 composed on 2014-11-17 16:53 (UTC+0100):

> Björn Persson wrote:

>> Possibly, but there is also the risk of accidentally tapping when you
>> only want to move the pointer but your finger happens to tremble a
>> little. (That's not about Parkinson's disease. Even to perfectly healthy
>> people it's difficult to hold absolutely still.)

> Sure you can find corner cases for pretty much everything. You may
> also hit a button on the keyboard by accident.
> Its a question of how likely it will happen and what the consequences are.

-->

Björn Persson composed on 2014-11-17 15:05 (UTC+0100):

> Needing to enable a feature that I know I want doesn't bother
> me much. Being forced to grope in the dark for the cause of a weird
> problem bothers me a lot.

+1

When people get older, such accidents happen more, and get more frustrating.
I wish there was a global way at installation time to make DND not exist, so
that no user on that installation could ever be faced with an accidental DND
making something disappear.

Accidents aren't always really accidents. Mouse buttons sometimes register
two (or more) clicks when one is wanted, totally changing the consequence
from that expected.

Least surprise defaults please. Fedora doesn't need to copy Ubuntu, which
copied Windows/Mac/whatever. Better decisions make a better product. Fedora
doesn't need to exist if it can't strive to be better than the rest, and
please the users it already has.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/