Mozilla enabled ads in Firefox and they're active in Fedora

DJ Delorie dj at redhat.com
Mon Nov 17 21:25:06 UTC 2014

> Not every user understands the connection between "website does not
> work" -> "firewall configuration"

True, which means that we have to use words that they *do* understand.

For extra coolness, a per-user firewall and some way of popping up a
query dialog when they violate a firewall rule.  "We detected you're
trying to access *mozilla.com, which is currently blocked due to your
privacy choices.  Would you like to enable access to *mozilla.com at
this time?"

Not that I expect such a tool to be practical, if even possible... ;-)