Enable tapping by default

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Mon Nov 17 22:12:00 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 02:27:53PM +0300, Mustafa Muhammad wrote:
> Hi, I am testing Fedora 21 beta and -like all previous versions- click
> by tapping is off by default.
> Several bug reports concerning this were closed as NOTABUG, but
> tapping is useful for us (people who use it), I don't think it bothers
> the others that much, and is on by default in most operating systems
> and Linux distributions.
>
> What can we do to make this happen?

This comes up every couple of versions, so here is the reasoning for
disabled by default:

* if you don't know that tapping is a thing (or enabled by default), you get
  spurious button events that make the desktop feel buggy.
* if you do know what tapping is and you want it, you usually know where to
  enable it, or at least you can search for it.

Cheers,
   Peter