Mozilla enabled ads in Firefox and they're active in Fedora

Rejy M Cyriac rcyriac at redhat.com
Tue Nov 18 04:03:39 UTC 2014

On 11/17/2014 09:23 PM, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 02:25:48PM +0100, Lars Seipel wrote:
>> So Mozilla has recently gone live with its advertisement tiles on the
>> "New Tab" page. Only newly created profiles get to see this stuff.
>
> I started seeing the advertisement tiles on my existing profile.

It looks like the 'advertisement tiles' come up even on old profiles, if
the default start page had been left unmodified. If the default
start(home) page had earlier been explicitly set to blank or to some
other site, as I had done in one of my systems, the 'advertisement
tiles' do not come up, unless you go click that 'gear' on the top right
in a tab, and select 'enhanced' or 'classic'.

By the way, anyone know why 'enhanced' and 'classic' behave the same ?

--
Regards,

Rejy M Cyriac (rmc)