Mozilla enabled ads in Firefox and they're active in Fedora

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Nov 18 20:41:33 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 18:40:02 +0100,
  Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

>Am 18.11.2014 um 18:29 schrieb Bruno Wolff III:
>>
>>Mozilla is a third party. There is no reason that they should be
>>contacted by default.
>
>calling upstream "3rd party" is somehow strange
>most code in fedora is from 3rd party

I am first party. Fedora is second party. I deal directly with Fedora.
Mozilla is a third party. I don't deal with them.

>if you don't trust the 3rd party you *really* need to review every
>single line of code

I expect Fedora to protect my interests, so I don't have to do code reviews.
Clearly there are limits to that, but I except some risk in order to save
time and money.

>*but* please avoid FUD and paranoia and claim upstream unstrustable
>until you can prove that instead of assume it

I made no such claim. What I don't want to have to do is to have to trust
them to be responsible about data they have no need for in the first place.