Enable tapping by default

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 21:11:24 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 4:02 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>
wrote:

> Erik Schilling wrote:
> > Over the time I just got used to hitting the special button...
>
> And that's what that "special button" is for. :-)
>
> If the touchpad has physical buttons (or physically-drawn "virtual
> buttons"), why do users even expect tapping to produce a click? The finger
> area is for moving, the buttons are for clicking. The only case in which
> tapping makes sense is if the touchpad has NO buttons at all (but then how
> do you right-click? So I don't expect this to be a common case, except
> maybe
> in Apple's one-button land).

At some point in time, with some version of Fedora and some device driver...
I used to have 'double-tap' to 'single-click'.

I found it useful when I had it, and still occasionally miss it today.

But I personally would disagree with concept of 'tap to click' for all
the obvious reasons already mentioned, regardless of having physical or
virtual buttons.